“Not a wasted word.”
– Danger Slater (author, I Will Rot Without You, and Puppet Skin)
“Worshipers of Porcine Gods, sad days spent with agency-assigned strangers, and the healing properties of blood. In Pacifier, Ira Rat proves himself a master of crafting tightly-written, strange stories that are never at odds between beauty and darkness, the grotesque and emotional truth, but instead, seamlessly do all in one fluid motion.”
– Sam Richard (author, Sabbath of the Fox-Devils, and To Wallow in Ash & Other Sorrows)
“Ira is cynical without lacking sympathy, experimental without lacking direction. A dark, ambitious new voice.”
– Garret Cook (author, Archelon Ranch and A God of Hungry Walls)
“The Stories in Ira Rat’s Pacifier take subtle delight in exposing the reader to their twisted imagery and ethos. A treat for those of us with a taste for the darkly askew.”
– Amy Vaughn (author, Freak Night at the Slee-Z Motel, and Skull Nuggets)
“With stories that range from quiet sadness to barking insanity, Pacifier is a book that stays with you long after you’ve read it.”
– Jon Steffens (author, The God in the Hills)
Don’t let its compact size fool you, this slim little volume packs a punch with its haunting and eerie stories that will have you on the edge of your seat.
From the slightly comical to the heart-wrenching, each tale is crafted to send shivers down your spine and leave you breathless.
Perfect Bound // 4×6, 86pgs